Monday, April 11, 2011

Heavily Broken

I get so tired of spending the entire day alone. I'm just waiting for the final day, that he admitts that he's not coming home. That the person I used to love is not the person that's here to stay. That the person I used to love, is a person that's faded away. I'm a little bemused really the way he talked about his dad. How he complains about not fighting and the time he never had. Well he has the time right now, to set the record straight. Though all the time is wasted as he's filled himself with hate. It wasn't easy for me as I comfort myself to sleep. Another day goes by and I'm forcing myself to eat. I'd never hurt my baby, I would never wish it sad. He wasn't the only one, who had gotten hurt by dear ole dad. In fact I'm still plagued with pain as he walks away from life. I'm scuffling to gain my ground, even though the situation isn't bright. I find strength within my mother, strong and self assured. I may not have placed back the pieces, but for hurt I found a cure. It only takes just one, to make the wrong a right. It only takes just one to walk away from the fight. Well that person is right here and the time to start is now. I can only hope one day my kid will say wow. Thank you, mom for being there when it wasn't easy. Thank you mom for staying home instead of leaving me. Thank you mom for loving in a time that was so depressed. Thank you mom for loving, with the heart that's in your chest.

To this I'll shine a smile and sweep there well toned brow. I'll whisper in their ear even softer now. Thank you for you saved me, showed me how to love. Thank you for you gave me a gift from all above. You showed me how to wake up, when my up was down. You gave me a reason to smile, when all I could do was frown. Thank you my baby, for the best part of living. Thank you my baby, for the greatest gift worth giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment